VANVASI KALYAN ASHRAM MAHARASHTRA
Vanavasi Kalyan Ashram runs 19 hostels for Vanavasi children. Apart from those 19 hostels, Ashram has 2 Cottage schools (Guhi in Nashik district and Mangaon in Raigad district) receiving grants a total of 1400 students (boys and girls) are receiving education and cultural values in these institutions. Apart from these institutions, several kindergartens and value schools are making lasting impression over budding children.
The district wise Major activities can be enumerated as:
1) Thane District:
The District, the hilly terrain has considerable population of Vanavasis; main tribes being Kokana, Malhar Koli, Warli, Katkari, Dhodi and Thakurs.
The Ashram runs 3 Boy’s Hostels in the District
1) Vikramgad established in 1980: 42 Boys
2) Chalatwad established in 1979: 33 Boys
3) Beriste established in 1979: 25 Boys
2) Raigad District:
The Vanavasi population in the district comprises of Katkari, Thakar and Mahadeo Koli tribes.
There are 3 Hostels, 2 Cottage schools (1 secondary and 1 primary)
1) Jambhiwali established in 1979
2) Chinchawli established in 1980
3) Kothimbe established in 1983
1) Mangaon Cottage School was established in 1998